Tuesday, April 19, 2011

If You Liked Da Vinci Code...

...you'll love The School of Night by Louis Bayard. It's got everything: Murder, treasure, national intrigue, historical romance, new love and coded clues. It's said that Sir Walter Raleigh was among a small number of philosophical intellectuals, in the early part of the 1600s, who gathered under the cloak of darkness to discuss the existence of God, the politics of the day, and many other taboo subjects. They called themselves The School of Night. There just might be some documents laying around, just ready to be discovered. And Henry Cavendish seems to be on the trail of one now.

3 comments:

  1. You're good at this, Kate! Offering up a comparison as a basis to help folks discover a good book is brilliant and u do this very well with ur very first blog. :-) U give enough info to intrigue in an interesting and concise manner. Did u have a link to the author's site or a way to get more info? If not, would that be a good idea?

    I'll subscribe because I know u have a wealth of knowledge to share and I don't want to miss anything.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks SO much, Pam! Yeah, I'm trying to figure out the link. Seems I'm a bit awkward about this, but it'll come. I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning,

    I think I subscribed just now. I guess I'll have to wait to see if I get automatic email notification when a new blog is posted? Is that how it (having a subscription) works?

    ReplyDelete